We are preparing HEALTH MINISTRY for the second coming of Jesus Christ, with the prayerful hope that each Person will take his ordained positions as priest of his home and watchmen proclaiming the truth of the scriptures to the entire world.
The purpose of the HEALTH MINISTRY of BLVD SDA Church is to create an environment that fosters growth in Christ by providing developmental opportunities for the HM to become more spiritually established in Jesus Christ.
We will seek to accomplish these goals through a series of planned events (i.e. prayer breakfast, weekend retreats, Bible study groups, etc).
How we serve HEALTH MINISTRY
- Serves as a resource for information and counsel on health and temperance affairs, and advises the church and its departments and agencies, in the development and administration of health and/or temperance policies and programs
- Promotes a healthful lifestyle among church members through literature, programs, and Sabbath services
- Provides, through publications, services, and programs, an ongoing witness to the world concerning the physical, mental, and soul-destroying effects of tobacco, alcohol, and other harmful substances
- Sponsors and/or organizes societies to effectively involve church and non-church organizations in united endeavors to promote the non-use of tobacco, alcohol, and other harmful substances
- Encourages involvement in the evangelistic thrust of the church by developing resources that support renewal of mission
- Provides support of Seventh-day Adventist® healthcare institutions, clinics, and health/temperance programs
- Maintains liaison with Seventh-day Adventist® health professional organizations such as dentists, dietitians, nurses, optometrists, and physicians
- Promotes and/or sponsors health seminars and workshops aimed at equipping health ministry leaders for service
JOIN HEALTH MINISTRY
HEALTH MINISTRY PA CONFERENCE